Uyeda Jeweller

Since 1884

1884 年(明治 17 年)、東京・京橋区の旧南佐柄木町、現在の銀座電通通りに後のウエダジュエラーとなる「植田商店」(K.UYEDA)が誕生しました。創業者の植田吉五郎は独学で英会話を習得、外国人向けの美術工芸品の店として事業をスタートさせました。薩摩焼の花瓶や皿、象牙の彫刻、銀製の食器や置物等に加えて、評判を呼んだのが平戸細工のペンダントやブローチ、耳飾りです。銀線で描かれた文様に七宝を施したジュエリーを、海外のお客様は完成を待ちかね、先を争って買い求めたと伝えられています。

Since 1884

In 1884, "K.UYEDA", the predecessor of Uyeda Jeweller, was founded on Ginza Dentsu Street (Old Minamisaeki-cho, Kyobashi-ku), Tokyo. Kichigoro Uyeda, the founder, mastered English on his own and started a business as an art store for people from overseas. In his store, pendants, brooches and earrings made with Hirado handiwork (a traditional handiwork style consisting of patterns drawn using thin silver wire and decorated with Cloisonné) captured people's attention as well as a variety of Satsuma porcelain vases, plates, ivory carvings, and silver tableware or ornaments. It was said that customers from overseas loved his products and longed to snap them up from the store.

K.UYEDA in 1884
1912 年有楽町に拡大移転し、関東大震災で焼失後 1925 年に営業再開した本店。二階のファサードは寺社建築から想を得た和風モチーフ。一階の洋風と二階の和風、和洋折衷の意匠で外国の方々から大変もてはやされたという。また近年、1998 年に発刊された写真集「幻景の東京―大正、昭和の街と住まい」にも “植田商店” として掲載された。
Uyeda's head store reopened in 1925 after burned down by Great Kanto Earthquake.
『服装新聞』明治 37 (1904) 年 6 月 25 日、結婚指輪の広告
Newspaper advertisement of wedding rings (June 25, 1904)
Shop card for the guests from foreign countries (From Meiji middle term to the latter period ; around 1889 - 1912)

1923 年、帝国ホテルアーケードに出店

1923 年、二代目植田富士朗は帝国ホテルアーケードに出店します。ホテルの設計を手掛けたのは、現在も世界的建築家としてその名を知られるフランク・ロイド・ライト。世界中の貴賓を迎える日本の迎賓館として新築された同ホテルに店舗を構えることで、ウエダジュエラーの名前は広く国内外に知られることになりました。 現在も残る顧客のサイン帳には、ベーブ・ルース、ジョー・ディマジオや、ソフィア・ローレン、チャールトン・ヘストン、ジーナ・ロロブリジータ、フランク・シナトラのスターからマッカーサー夫妻、キッシンジャー夫妻、ライシャワー夫妻など政財界の要人の名が記されています。

Opened a store in the Imperial Hotel Arcade in 1923

In 1923, Fujiro Uyeda, our second-generation owner opened a store in the Imperial Hotel Arcade, Tokyo, which had been designed by world-renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Opening the store in this newly-built hotel with a welcoming home-like environment for distinguished guests from all over the world has made Uyeda Jeweller's name spread domestically and internationally.
The store's autograph book includes names of celebrities like Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Sophia Loren, Charlton Heston, Gina Lollobrigida and Frank Sinatra, and big names from the political and financial world such as Mr. and Mrs. MacArthur, Mr. and Mrs. Kissinger and Mr. and Mrs. Reischauer.

1950 年マッカーサー一家。(ダグラス・妻ジーン・息子アーサーのサイン入り)帰国後に二代目富士朗に贈られた。ソルト&ペパーなど銀製品のお土産を好み、今でもアメリカノーフォークのマッカーサー記念館に収蔵されている。
The MacArthur family in 1950.
Fujiro Uyeda(the second generation) and his younger brother Yoshimi Uyeda showing a silver coffee equipment to the U.S. occupation army at the Imperial Hotel Arcade store designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. (Around 1940)




Loved by Quality Customers

- From the postwar days to The Tokyo 1964 Summer Olympics -

Uyeda Jeweller has learned about jewelry and fashion trends and customs from our customers that come from all over the world. After the war, the U.S. army deregulated trade of pearls from Japan, and as a result, pearls experienced an unprecedented boom in popularity.
Uyeda Jeweller promptly started selling pearls of such quality, that they even had dealt with an old-established jeweller in the Place Vendôme in Paris, France. From high-quality Akoya pearls to large drops of South Sea Pearls, Uyeda Jeweller has been known to date for our premium jewelry. Since then, we have expanded our product designs using precious and semiprecious stones such as diamonds according to the needs of our customers.


1973 年。当時まだ珍しかったイタリア製ジュエリーに注目した三代目、植田新太郎は、自ら現地であらゆる宝飾品を見てまわり直接調達、初めての展示会を開催。日本におけるイタリアンジュエリーブームの火付け役でもありました。
また、1981 年頃から近年のウエダが出来上がり始めました。ロゴタイプの変更、店名も K.UYEDA から Uyeda Jeweller に。店のテーマカラーやそれと同じカラーの包装紙も誕生しました。

Pride in Our History - High-quality for the future

In 1973, Shintaro Uyeda, our third-generation owner, focused on Italian jewelry which was still uncommon at that time. He visited Italy to scout a number of jewels for his first exhibition, which triggered a boom in popularity for Italian jewelry across Japan.
Around 1981, Uyeda Jeweller began innovating from within the organization. We changed our company logo, changed our brand name from K.UYEDA to Uyeda Jeweller and also defined signature colors and packaging for our products.
Today, Tomohiro Uyeda, our fourth-generation owner carries on the Uyeda spirit to "Develop our capability and do our best to make beautiful and touching jewelry". As a representative of the Uyeda legacy, he continues to push his company in every area from material procurement, design to production technique, imagining the customers who wear Uyeda Jeweller's products happy and smiling.

Uyeda Jeweller TOP-line クローバーブローチ AK0408 or AK0148


2005 年に東京都庭園美術館で開催された「日本のジュエリー100年」展に展示させて頂いた作品もございますが、本邦初公開のアンティークもございますので、ぜひご覧下さいませ。(すべてウエダジュエラー所蔵)